Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-31 23:03:59

skink

Need help with compilation issue: xfce4-panel-4.12.0

I'm buildling XFCE 4.12 on a Debian derivative. All the libs are old, so I have created /opt to hold new glib & gtk+ as well as the installed XFCE libs. I've been using ./configure --prefix="/opt/packagename" on every package and updating PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to all the new libraries for the build. Everything has been building successfully up until xfce4-panel-4.12.0. It configures without error, but I get the following error during the make:

./Coding_Projects/xfce/src/xfce4-panel-4.12.0/common/panel-utils.c:100: undefined reference to `xfce_panel_plugin_get_name'
../common/.libs/libpanel-common.a(libpanel_common_la-panel-xfconf.o): In function `panel_properties_get_channel':
./Coding_Projects/xfce/src/xfce4-panel-4.12.0/common/panel-xfconf.c:102: undefined reference to `xfce_panel_get_channel_name'

Prior to this error, I was getting a warning during the make:
libtool: warning: library '/opt/xfconf/lib/libxfconf-0.la' was moved.

Not sure if they're related. So far as I know, the only versions of that library are in /opt/xfconf/lib/ and the build directory. Is this an actual compilation error, or is the code somehow seeing multiple versions of a header file or something?

#2 2019-01-04 12:03:55

skink

Re: Need help with compilation issue: xfce4-panel-4.12.0

Problem solved. Switched to a different distro. I could never figure out why the linker was seeing multiple definitions. The code looked fine.

Board footer