Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-03 00:50:46

Skaperen

Finally, all users are running Xfce

i finally switch "admin" over to Xfce after modifying my startup script to handle the differences in workspace switching.  Unity organize its workspaces as a grid and indexes them in 2 dimensions.   i had them all configured as 9 workspaces in 3x3.

#2 2019-02-03 07:10:38

MountainDewManiac

Re: Finally, all users are running Xfce

I only use four workspaces in Xfce, but they are also arranged in a two-dimensional representation, 2x2; I use Xfce's Workspace Switcher panel applet on my bottom panel to switch back and forth between them, because half the time I cannot remember that CTRL ALT with the left/right/up/down arrows will do the same thing.

When I first learned about the existence of workspaces, I didn't just doubt I'd ever use them, I couldn't see anyone's point in doing so. Now, though, when I'm trying to do some writing (or to turn information from multiple sources into coherent knowledge, even if only for my own benefit), I often use them to keep things straight. It's funny how we change over time, I guess.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2019-02-03 08:37:02

Skaperen

Re: Finally, all users are running Xfce

do you ever use wmctrl to switch workspace, such as a script that starts more than one app in different workspaces?  in Unity i give it two numbers to work in 2D.  but in Xfce that wasn't working.  1D with just one number works so that's what i do, now.  i just had my setup script (6 of them that ran lots of stuff in sudo) doing some fancy jumping around in 2D.  i had to that all cleaned up.

Last edited by Skaperen (2019-02-03 08:37:35)

Board footer