Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-28 06:34:13

beckx

xfce terminal: window increases when increase font on the fly

Hello forum,

i hope someone could help me - and i hope i haven't overlooked some preferences for that:

I use xfce4-terminal in current version.
As i do some tutorials ("myArch"-System), i want to increase and decrease the font in the terminal on the fly.
This is easy: to increase font i use <Ctrl>+<+>, to decrease font i use <Ctrl>+<->.
It works and tzhe font increases or decreases.

Whats the matter?
Not only the font increases (or decreases) but also the window from the terminal.
If i increase font, the window also increases.
I don't want this.
How can i only increase (or decrease) the font WITHOUT increase (or decrease) the window size.

For tests i've installed the "termite"-Terminal. There everything is fine, so in my opinion i do something wrong with xfce4-terminal.

Can someone help me please?

Bests
beckx

#2 2019-02-28 11:35:15

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce terminal: window increases when increase font on the fly

It looks like its designed that way - so to be able to fit the default geometry into the window. If you'd like the developer to consider adding an option to allow you to control that, I would suggest creating a bug report in the bug tracker.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-03-01 06:19:33

beckx

Re: xfce terminal: window increases when increase font on the fly

ok, i understand this is the planed behaviour for xfce-terminal in this case.
Hm, i am not sure, if i should bug the developer with my wish - i am only one of a many...
On the other side, the developer could enjoy, if he'd like to implemnt the feature.

I'll try it.

Thank you for your quick response!

bests
beckx

Board footer