Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-05 19:35:47

CwF

Thunar 1.8.x missing right click actions and more

I did find https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=12365 and did read over the reports. Any word on this?
On an inline upgrade from Debian stretch(1.6x) to Buster(1.8.4-1) with both running side by side, 1.6 is fine and 1.8 has no right click drag function at all, only the context menu. So I can't even get to the destination to test that context menu which would have the link option.

Furthermore, the menu 'Make Links' does not work either.

Then, when I resort to the command line to create the linked file, Thunar shows it as a regular file by icon display and the properties dialog.
Opening the link for edit does edit the source file, so it is a link.

Both user and root thunars work the same. In the past, it was my experience that a root thunar had slightly different actions. Left drag used to be move, and right drag gave the context upon destination drop of copy,move,link. Now both are left drag copy, right drag nothing. Note the right click doesn't even grab the file, just displays the context menu. Neither can create a link. Both display the link as a file, and both display prior links as links by icon and properties.

#2 2019-03-05 23:46:54

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar 1.8.x missing right click actions and more

Doesn't look like there is anything new. This bug report is regarding this issue.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer