Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-23 18:02:35

J'Eord

xfce4-display-settings

Comrades, and not brown who lifts TV and the main monitor in mirror regime? This feature works on OK, but! I have a second monitor that I'm expanding my desktop to, uh,and I'd like to keep it... ...but I can't do it, because the mirror mode applies to all monitors, and I don't need it!
Developers, I impute to you. Make a useful feature, I left windows and would love to stay on linux, help me to gain a foothold.

#2 2019-03-23 20:25:08

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce4-display-settings

J'Eord wrote:

Comrades, and not brown who lifts TV and the main monitor in mirror regime?

What does this mean?

This feature works on OK, but! I have a second monitor that I'm expanding my desktop to, uh,and I'd like to keep it... ...but I can't do it, because the mirror mode applies to all monitors, and I don't need it!
Developers, I impute to you. Make a useful feature, I left windows and would love to stay on linux, help me to gain a foothold.

Versions would help. Which distro, what version of Xfce and and what version of xfce4-settings are you using?

Simon has made some recent much-awaited enhancements to xfce4-settings:
- custom display profiles
- primary monitor enhancements
- colord support

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-03-24 07:16:34

J'Eord

I mean, I have a TV, and I tune it in mirror mode to the main monitor. But I can not expand the desktop to my second monitor, because in the settings there is a mirror mode for all monitors, but not for selective ones.

xfce4-display-settings 4.12.4 (Xfce 4.12)

Last edited by J'Eord (2019-03-24 07:17:19)

#4 2019-03-24 22:26:24

ToZ
Administrator

Use xrandr to manually set up your monitors. When the new version of Xfce is released (or if your distro publishes the latest development version of xfce4-settings), you'll be able to make use of the new features.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer