Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-16 12:18:35

jonathon89

reload button placement on thunar

Hi, is there any way to move the reload button into a more trafficked area than the top right corner of the window?  While placing it next to the home button (like in Firefox) would be nice, better would be a way to create the button along the bottom of sidebar, in the PLACES area, which is a high traffic area in my case.

ctrl-d is unacceptable in this scenario.

I looked into the css, but that doesn't look like the solution.

Last edited by jonathon89 (2019-06-16 12:19:53)

mx-17

#2 2019-06-16 13:04:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: reload button placement on thunar

Out of curiosity, why do you have to manually refresh? Thunar generally refreshes itself when there are changes to the content (except maybe in cases of remote filesystems - which is a really an issue with gvfs/gio).

CSS won't help here. The only way forward is to request it of the Thunar developers by making an enhancement report at the bug tracker.

One thing you may wish to note in the report is that is that if you switch to Pathbar Style in the location selector, the refresh button is no longer available. Maybe having it in a more permanent spot is a way forward.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-06-16 16:25:55

jonathon89

ToZ wrote:

Out of curiosity, why do you have to manually refresh?

Thanks for your response.  mx-17 is a vbox guest on win8.1.  I do a lot of work on the win filesystem using thunar and it does not auto-refresh(as you noted).  I do just flip dir to refresh, but some are so deep, it a pita to browse back to the files I was working.

mx-17

#4 2019-06-16 18:28:54

ToZ
Administrator

Ctrl+R or F5 should also refresh the content - if that helps.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer