Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-31 17:47:00

friendFce

Root Thunar warning, lost dependencies: gvfs

Hi,

On Debian 10 (XFCE) fresh install Thunar shows me a warning message about lost dependencies: gvfs. The solution for that is install gvfs-backends and gvfs-fuse packages.

But I don't understand, Why that same warning message appears when I open Thunar with root user? I've installed gvfs packages with root permissions (sudo), I assume than when install any package via 'sudo apt install ...' the changes apply for all system. So, what happened here? Why root Thunar still shows warning message?

Last edited by friendFce (2019-08-31 17:47:40)

#2 2019-09-16 10:48:00

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Root Thunar warning, lost dependencies: gvfs

friendFce wrote:

Hi,

On Debian 10 (XFCE) fresh install Thunar shows me a warning message about lost dependencies: gvfs. The solution for that is install gvfs-backends and gvfs-fuse packages.

Those packages should at least be marked as optional by your distro.

But I don't understand, Why that same warning message appears when I open Thunar with root user? I've installed gvfs packages with root permissions (sudo), I assume than when install any package via 'sudo apt install ...' the changes apply for all system. So, what happened here? Why root Thunar still shows warning message?

What is the exact text of the message?

When running thunar as root you are now longer using your current users environment and thunar depends on some aspects of it (e.g. dbus). It is still possible to run thunar as root but it will generate some warning messages.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer