Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-29 10:49:49

j1simon

[Xfce4-notifyd] shows applications uninstalled in Apps list

Xfce4-notifyd shows applications uninstalled in Apps tab list. How can I remove them?
Regards.

#2 2019-11-29 12:13:28

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Xfce4-notifyd] shows applications uninstalled in Apps list

Hello and welcome.

There is no quick and easy way to selectively remove items. The app itself doesn't allow it. It might be a good idea to create a bug report so that developer can consider implementing something (if to only display the applications that have valid executables in the system).

As a work around, there are a couple of options.

1. You can delete the whole list and have it re-create itself as the applications are used:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-notifyd -p /applications/known_applications -r

--

2. You can selectively recreate the existing list:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-notifyd -p /applications/known_applications -n -t string -s APP1 -t string -s APP2 ... -a

...where APP1/App2 are the executable names and "..." means repeated patterns or "-t string -s APP" for every app you would like to add.

Note: you can also find this list in the Settings Editor in the xfce4-notifyd channel, but those items can't be selectively edited there either. I believe there is a bug report for this (xfconf not properly supporting array types).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-12-01 09:46:18

j1simon

Re: [Xfce4-notifyd] shows applications uninstalled in Apps list

Thanks. It's very annoying that behaviour.
I have opened 2 bugs: one for not allowing to edit array values in "xfce4-settings-editor" (https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16237) and another for not removing uninstalled applications from that list (https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16238).

Board footer