Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-05 08:55:15

davidxfce

XFCE4.12 - Hide contents of window when move.. go red!? Any ideas why?

I'm trying to figure out why "Hide content of windows - When moving" doesn't seem to work as expected. I select "Hide contents.." but when I drag/move a Window the contents remain with a "red veil" over it too. Most odd. I was just expecting the window frame to move. Same effect with "When resizing"
The dragged Window does seem to dim in accordance with the transparent/opaque setting.

This is where I've been:

Window Manager - Advanced: Hide content of windows - When moving (tick)
Windows Manager Tweaks - Compositor: Enable display compositing

Thanks, David

Details of my system:
Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 9.8 - AVLinux + XFCE4.12
-Display-
Resolution: 1680x1050 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Gallium 0.4 on ATI RC410
X11 Vendor    : The X.Org Foundation
Version        : 1.19.2
-OpenGL-
Vendor        : X.Org R300 Project
Renderer    : Gallium 0.4 on ATI RC410
Version        : 2.1 Mesa 13.0.6
Direct Rendering: Yes
This is xfwm4 version 4.12.4 (revision 7844952) for Xfce 4.12
Compiled against GTK+-2.24.31, using GTK+-2.24.31.

Last edited by davidxfce (2019-12-05 09:06:59)

#2 2019-12-05 11:46:35

ToZ
Administrator

Re: XFCE4.12 - Hide contents of window when move.. go red!? Any ideas why?

Hello and welcome. Does the same happen with the compositor disabled?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-12-05 18:29:59

davidxfce

Re: XFCE4.12 - Hide contents of window when move.. go red!? Any ideas why?

Hello ToZ, thanks, is the a new experience for me, migrating from MS to Linux, AVLinux is what I'm using.

With compositor turned off, only the frame moves, the contents remain stationary.

I've been experimenting, if I select Numix colour scheme in Windows Manager | Appearance | Style  the red veil appears. I notice the third colour is red - that must be where the red veil colour comes from. The same thing happens in Xfce-stellar, a pinky veil. So this could be me not understanding how the colours work. Raleigh works the best, no veil.

Sadly though with compositor turned on and "Hide content of Window"+"when moved" ticked - still no change, all the window contents get moved too. I've tried different Themes too.

I notice with "Hide content of Window" when moving a window it leaves a black drop shadow behind until the mouse is released, I assume this is normal or another setting/option.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, I saw in another post, type in: xfconf -query -c xfwm4 -lv - so I did, bash: xfconf: command not found

Board footer