Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-06 21:15:06

D.dave

Some pecial default folders doesn't get the proper icon

Hi, new user here: I am on Manjaro Xfce (Xfce 4.14) and I'm using Thunar (1.8.10) as file manager.
In my Home directory there are some defaults folders like Documents, Downloads, Templates, Videos, Music which are displayed with specific icons from the icons theme. Eg: $HOME/Documents is displayed with the image /usr/share/icons/Flat-Remix-Yellow-Dark/places/scalable/folder-documents.svg, the $HOME/Downloads folder with /usr/share/icons/Flat-Remix-Yellow-Dark/places/scalable/folder-downloads.svg, the $HOME/Templates folder with /usr/share/icons/Flat-Remix-Yellow-Dark/places/scalable/folder-templates.svg and so on.

Today I had the need to made the folder $HOME/Favorites and I expected that such folder would be displayed with the custom icon/image as well, in particular displayed with the icon/image /usr/share/icons/Flat-Remix-Yellow-Dark/places/scalable/folder-favorites.svg but instead is displayed with a generic icon folder.

I have tried to: edit the file /home/dave/.config/user-dirs.dirs by adding XDG_FAVORITES_DIR="$HOME/Favorites" and /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults by adding FAVORITES=Favorites; I also tried to regenerate the icon cache by using the command sudo gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/Flat-Remix-Yellow-Dark, but nothing helped: the folder $HOME/Favorites is still displayed with the generic icon folder. Obviously I also tried to logout and reboot, but the situation didn't changed.

Maybe I miss something? I also tried to use other icon themes: the Download, Documents, Templates, Public, Videos, Music folders (and so on)  are displayed with the custom icons but the Favorites folder is still displayed with the generic icon folder.
What can I do to see the "Favorites" folder with the proper icon which is available in icon theme?

#2 2019-12-06 22:53:59

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Some pecial default folders doesn't get the proper icon

Hello and welcome.

Have a read through "man xdg-user-dir" to see that only a small subset of values are accepted. Unfortunately, "Favorites" is not.

However, you can use the Customized Thumbnailer for folders approach to generate something similar.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer