Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-17 07:20:52

John Jason Jordan

New Thinkpad problems

On my new Thinkpad I had to disable the Touchpad and the Trackpoint because they make it impossible to type. I use an external wireless mouse and that is all I need.

Unfortunately, I just discovered that moving the mouse does not disable the screensaver. Moving the mouse did disable the screensaver on my
old computer, but it did not have a Trackpoint or a Touchpad.

The Trackpoint and Touchpad are disabled in the Xfce settings GUI, leaving the wireless mouse enabled. I could disable them in the BIOS instead, but that option disables the wireless mouse as well.

Any suggestions?

#2 2019-12-17 11:10:19

Jerry3904

Re: New Thinkpad problems

That seems to be happening a lot these days, including on my ThinkPad X1 Carbon. We tried lowering the sensitivity and acceleration, but that usually doesn't help. The best solution we have found on the MX Forum is to use an older but very well written app called touchpad-indicator that does the trick and has many config options. It is in our (Debian) repos, if you want to try it--though for all I know it is available elsewhere as well.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#3 2019-12-18 16:50:04

John Jason Jordan

Jerry3904 wrote:

That seems to be happening a lot these days, including on my ThinkPad X1 Carbon. We tried lowering the sensitivity and acceleration, but that usually doesn't help. The best solution we have found on the MX Forum is to use an older but very well written app called touchpad-indicator that does the trick and has many config options. It is in our (Debian) repos, if you want to try it--though for all I know it is available elsewhere as well.

The touchpad-indicator solved the problem for me. Thanks!

#4 2019-12-18 20:05:42

Jerry3904

Glad to hear it--it's a great little piece of software!

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

Board footer