Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-30 13:09:16

njkevlani
Website

Xfce4-notifyd Plugin with KDE Connect

I'm using

• xfce4-notifyd's notification plugin in panel that logs all incoming notifications

• kdeconnect to receive notifications from my Android Phone

For the notifications from kdeconnect, Notifications are shown but xfce4-notifyd's plugin is not able to log the notifications from kdeconnect.

More info: No application is blocked in setting of Notifications.

Notification Settings

#2 2019-12-30 18:25:53

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Xfce4-notifyd Plugin with KDE Connect

The first place to look would be log files. Is there anything in the journal about kdeconnect or xfce4-notifyd that indicates an error is happening?

Do you have any other KDE/Plasma applications that send notifications and are those notifications working?

EDIT: This looks interesting. See the last comment.

Last edited by ToZ (2019-12-30 18:37:26)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2019-12-31 05:21:29

njkevlani
Website

Re: Xfce4-notifyd Plugin with KDE Connect

Is there anything in the journal about kdeconnect or xfce4-notifyd that indicates an error is happening?

I used journalctl to check logs about these two applications.

One warning with kdeconnect was:

Dec 31 10:23:34 ThinkPad kdeconnectd[1282]: Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

There were no warning / error messages from xfce4-notifyd.

Do you have any other KDE/Plasma applications that send notifications and are those notifications working?

I don't have any other KDE Application Installed right now. But I can install one if you let me know which one is easier to receive notifications from smile

Board footer