Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-06 19:55:03

pavloskiv

Thunar weird behaviour when right click on a selected file.

When I open Thunar then select a file (any) then RIGHT click --->> it opens and closes context menu so FAST that I can't see what command was clicked, so I can't figure out what a action is running in backgound. I have noticed if I move the mouse cursor to right to be over the next column then right click the context menu opens normally. Can I fix that?

#2 2020-01-07 01:38:16

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar weird behaviour when right click on a selected file.

I recall reading about this issue before but cannot recall where or what the outcome was.

Which GTK (Appearance) theme are you using? Does the same problem exist with other GTK themes?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2020-01-07 10:26:05

pavloskiv

from neofetch output : Theme: XFCE-D-PRO-1.6, Greybird (I don't know why Greybird is listed as well)
from settings -> appearence : XFCE-D-PRO-1.6
Yes, this happens with others Themes

#4 2020-01-07 16:54:20

alcornoqui

I just found this similar, unconclusive thread and this unaddressed, related bug report.

I think it happens to me sometimes when using a mouse (rarely), but not with a touchpad... I guess we move by some pixels between clicking and releasing. I don't know if it's an easy fix, but might be worthy to add to the bug report.

#5 2020-01-07 18:57:44

CwF

I do think it is a complication of user and device. I have a trackball with a flaky button that will press-release-press during a hold, randomly picking something during my swing. Hold the button, with a good device, and dig into the menu holding, then release on selection works, and is what causes the issue. If you click and release, while unknowingly moving a pixel or two into the menu, then you get an unintended action. Solution, practice! Maybe reduce movement sensitivity on the pointer device to require a bigger movement.

#6 2020-01-08 21:48:06

pavloskiv

@CwF I'm sorry, I don't think it is a matter of practice, if it was the case this behaviour would happens permanently on each right click, it is not the case, only occurs when Thunar is opened for the first time and for the first right click, after this the right clicks behave normally.

#7 2020-01-09 00:13:49

CwF

sorry pavloskiv, just relating my experience. I practiced and still use the defective device. Otherwise, never seen the issue.

#8 2020-01-09 15:38:19

Aravisian

I have this happen, as well. It seems pretty random. Most often, behavior is normal. But on occasion, what the O.P. describes is accurate to what I experience. I have not been able to find any correlating factor. I do not use a trackball or touchpad.

Board footer