Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-23 15:36:02

1c3d0g

How to set stacksize to unlimited in XFCE?

Hi,

With a BOINC project I've been having a few problems that I'm unable to resolve. Apparently it involves "raising the stacksize to unlimited" by following a couple of commands. Anyway, you can read the short instruction below:

Docking@Home wrote:

We have finally found the cause of the problem that some users were experiencing on their Linux systems. It has to do with the stacksize setting on your machine which is for some distros (SuSE 9.3 and 10 for example) set to unlimited and for others (FCx, Ubuntu, etc) set to a limited value like 10240. On the Bash and K shells your setting can be seen by typing 'ulimit -s' in a terminal. With TC shell it is 'limit'. To make the Charmm 'exit 1' errors go away, please set the stacksize to unlimited using the command 'ulimit -s unlimited'. This is not saying that Charmm will use all of your memory (it won't), but it gives us a little bit more space to do our simulations correctly and without errors. Please let us know if this does not work for you. If it does work, please add this command to your shell initialization file (.bashrc, .tcshrc, .kshrc, etc) in your home directory. Of course don't forget to resume the D@H project on your boincmgr in case you suspended it before.

Unfortunately none of those commands work in XFCE's Terminal (I'm running Xubuntu). sad Does anyone know the proper command? Any help is much appreciated.

#2 2006-09-24 01:54:55

SimonJ
Website

Re: How to set stacksize to unlimited in XFCE?

I'm running Xubuntu and it works here.

$ ulimit
unlimited

I now have it set to unlimited. If you just type the command it tells you what the status is.

hth

Simon.                                                         (^_^)

TIP: Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
=====================================================================

#3 2006-09-24 02:35:07

1c3d0g

Re: How to set stacksize to unlimited in XFCE?

Oooh...thanks so much! Mine's set to unlimited already. God I feel like an idiot now... lol

Board footer