Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-05 22:42:31

ffi

A few minor niggles

Hi I have been using XFCE for the past few months now and generally really like it but there are these few small thing which bug me, so I came to the forum and immediately saw 2 topics on the first page about some of the niggles I have:

-Automounting ( I saw the topic and how to solve it but I wish it would work out of the box)
-No file find utility (kinda strange since it was included in the previous version of xfce)
-Not having the ability to make "prt scr" make a screenshot
-Not having the ability to paste into a thunar window when de detailed view is on, it can only paste into a folder
-No equivalent of the kfmclient this means I need to set the program for every file type individually in Opera or browse to the download dir through thunar instead of just clicking on it in Opera.

Anyway this is meant as some constructive criticism not a flame or anything because I do enjoy using Xfce  smile

#2 2007-01-06 08:38:39

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: A few minor niggles

ffi wrote:

-Automounting ( I saw the topic and how to solve it but I wish it would work out of the box)

Thunar can do some automounting (with hal running and some entries in fstab), there have been some work done on a daemon.

ffi wrote:

-No file find utility (kinda strange since it was included in the previous version of xfce)

Benny is working on this, but he will only commit it when it's working 100%.

ffi wrote:

-Not having the ability to make "prt scr" make a screenshot

There is a screenshot panel plugin or you can assign a shortcut in the keyboard settings.

ffi wrote:

-Not having the ability to paste into a thunar window when de detailed view is on, it can only paste into a folder

When you're inside the folder and hit ctrl+v, it will be pasted. The mouse also works in empty list space.

#3 2007-01-06 09:03:05

ffi

Re: A few minor niggles

Thunar can do some automounting (with hal running and some entries in fstab), there have been some work done on a daemon.

I don't want to touch fstab, on ideological grounds  :razz:

Benny is working on this, but he will only commit it when it's working 100%.

Nice

There is a screenshot panel plugin or you can assign a shortcut in the keyboard settings.

Haven't been able to assign a shortcut to a panel plugin

When you're inside the folder and hit ctrl+v, it will be pasted. The mouse also works in empty list space.

I don't want to use keyboard shortcuts, I am sort of a mouse kinda guy wink  ^-^

Board footer