Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-13 14:36:59

mikeym
Website

Adding a Lancher to the contents of a folder to the panel

I was wanting to change my desktop behavior to create icons fo minimised icons on the desktop but I would want to create a lancher on the pannel to show the contents of my desktop folder, is this possible?

Also whilst I'm on the toppic of the panel, how do I allow my windows to move past it?

Cheers,

Mikey

#2 2007-01-13 18:21:00

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Adding a Lancher to the contents of a folder to the panel

There is a show-desktop plugin or use the xfwm4 shortcut to show the desktop (Ctrl+Alt+d).

#3 2007-01-13 19:11:48

mikeym
Website

Thanks for the reply but not exactly what I was meaning. 

(Well I've just gone and had a look and I think I was getting the desktop manager confused with ROX becase there doesn't appear to be an option to show icons for minimised applications on the desktop.)

Well never mind. I wont be needing a menu that shows the contents of my Desktop directory then.

It would still be nice if someone would tell me if there is any way of having a menus that windows will go under (or over).

Thanks,

Mikey

#4 2007-01-14 06:35:04

thehundredthone

I think the option to show minimised applications as icons on the desktop was there in previous versions, I doubt they would have taken that away.

About the launcher with minimised applications though, maybe you can ask on the mailing list.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes
That way, if they get angry, they're a mile away and barefoot

#5 2007-01-14 10:30:03

mikeym
Website

I must have overlooked that option about 5 times!

Yes, so the origonal question stands then!

The problem I was having with the menu was just because I was trying to make a stupid menu setup. I wanted to have an application shortcut bar at the top that went over the menu but the menu bar didn't want to go past the bottom of the top bar.

I have just moved the shortcuts to a right click desktop menu and ditched the top bar.

Board footer