Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-06 14:53:21

twlxfce

Thunderbird drag and drop

It is a known issue that message drag and drop doesn't work in Thunderbird? I tried dragging a message from my Inbox to a folder. The icon changes to the drag icon, but it never highlights the destination, and the icon doesn't change to the "ok to drop" icon.

The other message copy/move options work fine.

Is there some other component that I need to install for drag and drop to work inside Thunderbird?

#2 2007-02-07 08:20:30

justakiwi

Re: Thunderbird drag and drop

That's weird. I could have sworn I posted a reply here earlier but it's not showing up now.

I was running Thunderbird in linux for ages and drag and drop always worked fine. Now that I'm running DesktopBSD  drag and drop no longer works in Thunderbird.  Are you also using a flavour of BSD by any chance?

#3 2007-02-07 08:49:05

Nick
Dev
Website

Keep in mind that the Mozilla applications are not very well integrated in GTK and X.

#4 2007-02-08 20:31:39

justakiwi

Nick wrote:

Keep in mind that the Mozilla applications are not very well integrated in GTK and X.

I guess that explains why drag and drop isn't working in Firefox "organise bookmarks" either.  I just went to rearrange my bookmarks and neither drag and drop OR cut and paste will work.  This is more annoying than the TB issue because reorganising bookmarks manually can be a major PITA if you have a lot of bookmarks.

Board footer