Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-12 04:03:40

justakiwi

Time zones

Where do I alter/check my timezone settings? I don't see anything in the Settings Manager. My clock seems to be keeping the correct time, but I can't get events in ANY calendar program to work properly. Sunbird and KOrganiser are both screwing up my event times and I'm wondering if I have something configured wrong.

Where do I check this?

#2 2007-02-12 09:44:14

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Time zones

Xfce uses the timezone and date settings from the system, so when you set the right timezone in your system configuration, Xfce (and GTK) will pick it up. You can check your timezone/date/time by runnning  the "date" ('man date' for more info) command in a terminal window.

#3 2007-02-12 18:54:51

justakiwi

Re: Time zones

Nick wrote:

Xfce uses the timezone and date settings from the system, so when you set the right timezone in your system configuration, Xfce (and GTK) will pick it up. You can check your timezone/date/time by runnning  the "date" ('man date' for more info) command in a terminal window.

I checked with the "date" command and it shows the correct date and time UTC. I don't know much about timezones but NZ (where I live) is actually UTC + 12. At the moment we're UTC +13 as we're in daylight saving time.  Should the output actually state the + 13 part or is it sufficient that it's showing the correct date and time?

I'm struggling to work out why I can't get "any" calendar application to show the time of events correctly.  I thought it was probably just a Sunbird issue, but I tried KOrganizer last night and it's not working properly there either. I figured it has to be a timezone related thing.

Any ideas?

Board footer