Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-20 22:26:22

rayne

Installing Xfce4.4 with Gentoo

I tried with emerge, but there are all Modules masked, so I downloaded the Installer, now all goes right until Extension Library, there it fails at make all, here the last lines of the log-file:

-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -DDATADIR=\"/home/ray/local/share\" -DEXO_COMPILATION -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"exo\" -DLIBEXECDIR=\"/home/ray/local/libexec\" -DLIBEXO_VERSION_API=\"0.3\" -DPACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR=\"/home/ray/local/share/locale\" -I/home/ray/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -DHAVE_GNUC_VISIBILITY -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/home/ray/local/include/xfce4 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/home/ray/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -O2 -pipe -Wall -Werror -MT libexo_0_3_la-exo-md5.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libexo_0_3_la-exo-md5.Tpo -c exo-md5.c -o libexo_0_3_la-exo-md5.o >/dev/null 2>&1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xfce4-4.4.0-installer/exo/exo'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xfce4-4.4.0-installer/exo/exo'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xfce4-4.4.0-installer/exo'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
!! Failed to build exo, see the errors above
!! for details on the problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help
Chris

#2 2007-02-21 14:08:04

weibullguy
Website

Re: Installing Xfce4.4 with Gentoo

Xfce-4.4 isn't hard-masked on Gentoo anymore.  It just hasn't entered the stable branch.  Why don't you just add the 4.4 packages to /etc/portage/package.keywords to pull from the unstable branch until 4.4 is marked stable on you platform?  I started using Xfce-4.4 on my Gentoo box when it was hard-masked so I can tell you from personal experience that everything works.

1. Help the ReliaFree Project --> http://reliafree.sourceforge.net
2. Distribution --> Cross Linux from Scratch
3. Registered Linux user #413054
4. (C)LFS user #17727.
5. Ask smart --> http://www.catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Board footer