Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-28 22:57:43

SenorSnor

Tomboy on Xfce

Hi, I have trouble running Tomboy, the note taking gtk#/mono-app, on Xfce. It starts, creates room in the system tray for the icon; sometimes the icon shows up, sometimes it doesn't, but when it shows up it disappears after 5-10 seconds. When the icon doesn't show up or has disappeared, there's still room for it created in the system tray. However, right clicking on that space gives the normal panel right-click-menu, not Tomboy's right click menu.

Sometimes a window pops up, but when it does it becomes unresponsive also within a few seconds. When I run it from Terminal there are no error messages, this is the output:

[arvind@pussycat ~]$ tomboy
[DEBUG]: NoteManager created with note path "/home/arvind/.tomboy".
Trying Plugin: Backlinks.dll ... BacklinksPlugin. [DEBUG]: Done.
Trying Plugin: Bugzilla.dll ... BugzillaPlugin. [DEBUG]: Done.
Trying Plugin: Evolution.dll ... EvolutionPlugin. [DEBUG]: Done.
Trying Plugin: ExportToHTML.dll ... ExportToHTMLPlugin. [DEBUG]: Done.
Trying Plugin: FixedWidth.dll ... FixedWidthPlugin. [DEBUG]: Done.
Trying Plugin: NoteOfTheDay.dll ... NoteOfTheDayPlugin. [DEBUG]: Done.
Trying Plugin: PrintNotes.dll ... PrintPlugin. [DEBUG]: Done.
Trying Plugin: StickyNoteImport.dll ... StickyNoteImporter. [DEBUG]: Done.
[DEBUG]: Tomboy remote control active.
[DEBUG]: EnableDisable Called: enabling... True
[DEBUG]: Binding key '<Alt>F12' for '/apps/tomboy/global_keybindings/show_note_menu'
[DEBUG]: Binding key '<Alt>F11' for '/apps/tomboy/global_keybindings/open_start_here'

And that's it. No error messages. I've tried `ldd /usr/lib/tomboy.exe`, and that shows all the needed libraries are installed. I have Gnome services started at startup (ticked the box in the settings manager) but that doesn't help. I do have a small subset of gnome installed, but as far as I know I have everything that's needed.

Is anyone able to run tomboy on xfce? Or anyone has an idea of what goes wrong with my setup? I use Arch linux by the way.

#2 2007-05-29 00:27:10

SenorSnor

Re: Tomboy on Xfce

Just found out it crashes when the panel is on autohide. When it isn't on autohide, tomboy works perfectly. But as soon as the panel hides, tomboy crashes. Would that be a tomboy problem or a panel problem? Or something else even?

#3 2007-05-29 14:06:08

Nick
Dev
Website

Well the systemtray is a bit crapy sometimes, we're working on fixing problems with it, but that shouldn't crash tomboy AFAIK.

#4 2007-05-29 19:24:23

SenorSnor

Tnx. It doesn't really crash (in the sense that it segfaults) but the icon disappears from the system tray and the windows become unresponsive. Do you think this is a problem with Xfce's system tray or with Tomboy? I'd like to file a bug report but don't know where smile

#5 2007-05-30 09:30:39

Nick
Dev
Website

Systemtray, so a bug in the Xfce bugzilla. Please search first, because there is probably already a similar report.

#6 2007-05-30 21:07:38

SenorSnor

Thank you, I've added my problem to bug 3176. Let's hope the dev's know how to fix it! smile

Board footer