Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-24 19:09:50

iacchi

Thunar side pane shortcuts configuration file

Hi everyone!
I have an Acer Aspire One (I tell you because I don't know if Acer or Linpus have modified something) and I'd like to set my shortcuts on Thunar side pane by editing a configuration file. Why? Because I can't find a way to remove existing shortcuts (if I right-click there isn't a "remove" option in the context menu) and I don't know how to add a shortcut to trash, too (I know there's the Go menu, but having a shortcut let me drop files in it).

Can you help me with this? There must be a place where thunar save these informations!

#2 2009-01-25 08:26:55

Pindakoe

Re: Thunar side pane shortcuts configuration file

This is not just for Thunar, but also for any application using GTK to do stuff like File/Open dialogs, hence: ~/.gtk-bookmarks

#3 2009-01-25 10:32:41

iacchi

Fantastic! Found, thanks.
Anyway, I have another problem, now. If I add a line to the file, says: "trash:/// Trash bin" and then reboot the computer, that line disappears and the file comes back to its original state. So I tried a little trick: I added that trash line, saved, and then set the file read-only.
After reboot, the trash shortcut is still there, but if I open thunar and click on the trash shortcut, after 2-3 seconds the shortcut itself disappears, and if I look at the bookmark file it is no more read-only and the line is disappeared again.
Something have to replace it everytime...

So, I chowned it to root, added the line, and then set read-only for root, too. After reboot the shortcut wasn't there anymore and the file owner was the normal user again, and again with read and write access.

What I see is that some script with root permissions checks that file to see if it is still the original one, and replace it if it isn't. Now: is this normal, or it is some Acer or Linpus "feature"? How to change this template the script uses to replace my bookmark file with?

EDIT: the root user doesn't seem to suffer this replacement problem.

#4 2022-03-26 15:48:01

markling

Side-pane shortcuts (aka: bookmarks) - now stored here: ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks

Board footer