Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-31 20:44:36

jimduchek

xfpanel pager + compiz + mouse wheel

Hi all.  Compiz, I know, uses a different concept of 'viewports' vs the 'desktops' concept in xfce. The pager widget is smart enough to figure this out if you have your compiz 'desktops' set to 1, and it displays correctly, and will switch viewports properly if you click on it.  However, the mousewheel-to-switch functionality seems to break.  Is there a trick I'm missing, or should I file a bug report?

Jim

#2 2010-02-01 00:36:04

etnlWings

Re: xfpanel pager + compiz + mouse wheel

The metaphor is workspaces, not desktops.

jimduchek wrote:

The pager widget is smart enough to figure this out if you have your compiz 'desktops' set to 1, and it displays correctly, and will switch viewports properly if you click on it.

Well, technically it doesn't display correctly. Getting labels to work is nasty. In Gnome, you can't display workspace labels at all.

Now, unless you set your, "Horizontal/Vertical Virtual Size", to 1 and set your, "Number of Desktops", to a higher number, you won't get the correct behaviour. If you do, then you'll find that workspaces proper integrate poorly with compiz.

The closest thing is to use compiz's viewports and enable the Viewport Switcher and Wall plugins. This will give you workspace wheel functionality when scrolling over the desktop, if not the pager.

Board footer