Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-03 22:44:28

simon

xfce 4.6.2 keyboard settings broken [SOLVED]

I've just upgraded to 4.6.2 and my keyboard mappings not only stopped working, but seem to be unfixable. Either I check "use system defaults" in the keyboard preferences dialog, in which case XFCE correctly loads my .Xmodmap file but ignores the keyboard I've defined in xorg.conf (lv, which gives me macrons with the right alt); or else I tick the lv keyboard in the preferences dialog, and the macron shift works correctly but there doesn't seem to be any way to get XFCE to load .Xmodmap. Even scripting xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap as an autostart desktop file doesn't work.

Is this an XFCE bug, or is there another way to have the keyboard properly configured?

#2 2010-09-04 01:40:00

simon

Re: xfce 4.6.2 keyboard settings broken [SOLVED]

fixed: I'd forgotten that it's possible to manually implement all the effects of a specific layout (like lv) via specific .Xmodmap assignments. Adding the following lines restores macrons:

keycode 113 = Mode_switch

keysym A = a A amacron
keysym E = e E emacron
keysym I = i I imacron
keysym O = o O omacron
keysym U = u U umacron

...obviously you'd find your own right_alt keycode value (via xev) rather than 113.

So, checking "use system defaults" in keyboard preferences allows xmodmap to work, and then all the necessary keyboard functionality can be implemented.

Board footer