Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-18 01:51:04

parnote

HUGE Xfce Fan!

Hey there! I thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself, after lurking here for months.

I am the Chief Editor of The PCLinuxOS Magazine, and a true Xfce fan. For me, the Xfce desktop is fast and stable, and can run exceptionally well on old and new computers alike. In fact, I now build the monthly magazine on my Athlon 3200+ with 1.5 GB RAM running Phoenix Mini, the light version of PCLinuxOS Xfce. I also run the PCLinuxOS Xfce version (a.k.a. Phoenix) on my netbook, two laptops. My wife has made Xfce her desktop of choice on her laptop.

As was mentioned in another thread here in this forum by kalwisti, one of the PCLinuxOS Forum community members, The PCLinuxOS Magazine has published a series of articles on the Xfce 4.6 desktop, from June thru August 2010, and those articles were combined and published together with the LXDE articles in the Gtk Lightweight Desktops: Xfce & LXDE Special Edition. You all are welcome to download the special edition of our magazine. Many of our Xfce users have done so, and keep it handy for reference.

Btw, nice job on the new forum software and look!

parnote

#2 2011-01-18 08:42:15

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: HUGE Xfce Fan!

Read that article some time ago, very good. Will put it on the website later this week. Welcome to the Xfce forums.

#3 2011-01-18 13:12:03

pcybill

Re: HUGE Xfce Fan!

Thanks for sharing those articles Parnote, I will definitely give those a read.

Board footer