Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-17 13:09:32

Bikkel

Hello fellow Xfce users

Hello

I just joined this forum just to say hello, nothing more.

I would like to say Thank You to Olivier and all current Xfce guru's (who I would like to get aquainted to in the future) because I'm really very happy with Xfce. I'm relatively new to Linux. I started only a year ago with Ubutnu, then open SUSE, then Debian and now Arch. And I wanted a lightweight desktop and I have been using Xfce4 since a few weeks only (before that I used Gnome).

I had a lot of technical difficulties to solve. I like to do that, by the way. I'm really happy with my desktop because it is fast, and I love my vertical panel that I use for shortcuts, menues and stuff. In Gnome I used to play with the standard Gnome panels and with Cairo dock, but in the end all the vertical panels that I created annoyed me. With Xfce and the "Icon Box" gadget on my vertical panel I'm really satisfied.

I must admit that I'm using gedit as my default editor. I have been using Mousepad for a while, but not anymore. I do use and like Thunar, I like it more than Nautilus. I really like Xfce. It is fast, has a good menu layout. Great stuff.

Many thanks,
Bikkel.

#2 2011-01-23 11:55:43

bornmw

Re: Hello fellow Xfce users

I agree with every word.

Thanks a lot for the new Xfce 4.8 !!!

PS: Mousepad is dead

#3 2011-01-23 17:11:44

Nick
Dev
Website

Mousepad will be alive soon.

#4 2011-01-28 22:42:24

SantaFe

I like Leafpad better! wink

And Will add Xfce 4.8 to my Kubuntu 10.10 system when someone finally decides to make a DEB package, or an package Synaptic can install.  Still 4.6.2 there. wink

bah weep grana weep ninny bon. big_smile

Board footer