Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-25 00:41:56

DasFox

Thunar-volman Unsupported USB device type & Unknown block device type

I'm running 4.8 and when I log out of Xfce, in the console I see these messages from Thunar-volman when I plug in my USB portable hard drive;

Thunar-volman Unsupported USB device type
Thunar-volman  Unknown block device type

I'm not sure why Thunar-volman would report anything, because I can mount, or have Thunar auto mount the drive and I can read and write to the partitions I have on it, which are fat32, ntfs and ext4 without any problems, so why is thunar-volman reporting like this when everything works ok, is there anything I can do to fix it?

THANKS

#2 2011-01-25 07:37:21

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Thunar-volman Unsupported USB device type & Unknown block device type

Those warnings are harmless, but there is room to improvement tho; create a new bug at bugs.xfce.org and attach the output of "udevadm monitor --environment" and the output of thunar (you can run it in a terminal after using thunar -q) with preferably thunar-volman compiled with --enable-debug=full, so there is more debugging output.

#3 2011-01-26 00:43:57

DasFox

Re: Thunar-volman Unsupported USB device type & Unknown block device type

Nick wrote:

Those warnings are harmless, but there is room to improvement tho; create a new bug at bugs.xfce.org and attach the output of "udevadm monitor --environment" and the output of thunar (you can run it in a terminal after using thunar -q) with preferably thunar-volman compiled with --enable-debug=full, so there is more debugging output.

This is all udevadm monitor --environment which doesn't seem like much;

root@slackware:~# udevadm monitor --environment     
monitor will print the received events for:
UDEV - the event which udev sends out after rule processing
KERNEL - the kernel uevent

And thunar volman wasn't compiled with debug support so I'd have to go back and recompile it over...

THANKS

Last edited by DasFox (2011-01-26 00:44:30)

Board footer