Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-03 20:55:25

mikodo

[Solved] Hello Everyone!

I am a 58 year old Computer noob male. I have been using Computers for about 3-4 years. I used Vista for about 6 months and didn't like it too much and moved on to Ubuntu. Presently I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" with the it's default Gnome2 desktop. As I have read, Ubuntu is going to a"Unity" shell on top of Gnome, and that is not the direction I want to go. I want to learn the CLI for file manipulation, not more buttons, icons, widgets, and the like. I still need a GUI for a desktop, but I want it to be un-intrusive as I learn dash/bash. I have installed Xubuntu Lucid with it's Xdfe 4.8 desktop and all the "extras" including Compiz, that I could find in Synaptic for it. I am liking the desktop, and I am starting to get it looking like the Gnome2 I am familiar with. (I can hide the panels when I want!). I haven't figured out how to remove the File System, Home, and Trash icons from the desktop yet though ... Anybody?

Anyways Devs ... Thanks for the great work and having Xfce available, for my use.

Mike

#2 2011-05-04 00:27:43

vrkalak

Re: [Solved] Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Xfce Forums.

Xfce-Menu > Settings > Desktop > Icons (uncheck the items you do not to show on desktop)

#3 2011-05-04 06:48:26

mikodo

Re: [Solved] Hello Everyone!

vrkalak wrote:

Welcome to the Xfce Forums.

Xfce-Menu > Settings > Desktop > Icons (uncheck the items you do not to show on desktop)

Thanks vrkalak! Worked like a charm.

Board footer