Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-01 20:11:54

nixIT

[SOLVED] Shiki themes in Xfce

Hello all,

Recently new to XFCE, switched to Xubuntu at work and been using Arch at home for a couple years now.

Up until the release of Gnome 3, I was gnome, but since Gnome 3, I switched to XFCE, which I *REALLY* like, even though I'm still getting used to it, I like what it has to offer.

Anyway, One thing in gnome I like are the Shiki color schemes/Themes.  Is there a way to install these in XFCE (Arch Linux)?  I've gone through the wiki here:  http://wiki.xfce.org/howto/install_new_themes

But I have to admit, I'm a bit confused. 

Can someone help me install the shiki color scheme/theme? or point me in a direction that will work.  will Thunar also pick up and use the color schemes/themes, or is that a separate animal?

--nixIT.

Last edited by nixIT (2011-06-02 02:43:44)

ASRock X570 PG VELOCITA AM4 AMD X570  | AMD Ryzen 5900x | 128GB G.SKILL RipjawsV  | ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT Challenger D

#2 2011-06-01 23:51:39

Anzhr

Re: [SOLVED] Shiki themes in Xfce

I use Shiki in Debian Testing. Can't help you with Arch though.

I'm glad you like Xfce. It gives me everything I wanted in GNOME.

#3 2011-06-02 00:54:47

Jristz

For archlinux:
Use you favorite AUR package-manager (Yaourt, Packer, Pacmoon.....) and tipe (for this example I use Packer but you remplace for you package manager for AUR

# packer -S  xfwm-theme-shiki-colors gtk-theme-shiki-colors gtk-theme-shiki-colors-murrine gtk-theme-shiki-colors-flat gtk-engine-murrine

and the instal-download proces begin....next select the xfwm theme and the gtk teme from yours settings (felland lokk, windows.....)

Note: gtk3-apps-based not match the theme, for  those, you need install a gtk3 theme like Derpity, Zukitwo and edit the ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini file

XFCE :: Arch Linux
:: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics @ 1300 MHz
:: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6310]
:: LED with aspect ration of 16:9 in 14.0'' (1366x768) [Radeon driver]

#4 2011-06-02 02:22:53

nixIT

Thanks for the info.

I ran the install with yaourt, and after a bunch of scrolling, I would get this:

gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/audio-volume-low.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/audio-volume-medium.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/folder-open.icon exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/folder-open.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/network-error.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/network-idle.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/network-offline.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/network-receive.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/network-transmit-receive.svg exists in filesystem
gnome-colors-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/gnome-wise/scalable/status/network-transmit.svg exists in filesystem
==> WARNING: Your packages are saved in /tmp/yaourt-tmp-nixIT
==> Restart building gtk-theme-shiki-colors-flat ? [y/N]
==> ----------------------------------------------------
==> 

Not sure what that means, and it's a continual loop.  any idea?

I went to the icon tab in appearances under Settings Manager, and I see the following:

GNOME
GNOME-Brave
GNOME-Dust
GNOME-Human
GNOME-illustrious
GNOME-Noble
GNOME-Wine
GNOME-Wise
Tango

the only one that changes the icons in Thunar is Tango.  is the issue above related to this issue?

--nixIT

EDIT:  Ran again, and updated the output.

Last edited by nixIT (2011-06-02 02:32:40)

ASRock X570 PG VELOCITA AM4 AMD X570  | AMD Ryzen 5900x | 128GB G.SKILL RipjawsV  | ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT Challenger D

#5 2011-06-02 02:31:39

Jristz

"Lo tengo"
Is an error from the PKGBUILD
possible a bad configuration

# pacman -Sf gnome-colors-icon-theme

if not work, try uninstall them (gnome-icon...) and intall again
if those tw thing not work is a issue

in thi the Really important is te xfwm-themes that you instal
why? you can install manually the themes prom teh web/gnome-look [gtk2] ( ~/.icons [for icons], ~/.themes [for themes] same in gnome2 (you know)

but remmember the engines need still instaled for a good display

XFCE :: Arch Linux
:: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics @ 1300 MHz
:: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6310]
:: LED with aspect ration of 16:9 in 14.0'' (1366x768) [Radeon driver]

#6 2011-06-02 02:43:24

nixIT

@Jristz

You rock, that worked!

Thanx.

Board footer