Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-28 11:14:52

mariusmeyer

Xfce composite settings are not respected

I have come across a problem with the Xfce composite manager. I enable this primarily to have conky draw transparently on the desktop wallpaper, but then found shadows and transparency did not cause much more impact on performance after enabling composite effects in the first place.

But now I'm experiencing that some settings in the Tweaks settings menu are not respected. For instance, I've enabled transparency both when moving and resizing windows, but they only turn transparent when moving them. Also, I've enabled transparency for notifications, which to my understanding includes the desktop right-click menu, but they are opaque. Anybody else experience this? I've tried turning composite effects off, logging out and back in and turning them on again. No luck there. Also, if you should know where these settings are stored (text file somewhere/Xfconf...) I'd be happy to inspect them smile

I run xfce 4.8 on an Arch x64 box, all updated to the newest in Arch's repos (xfce4-panel 4.8.1, xfdesktop 4.8.2 etc.) and I use the nouveau driver for my GeForce 250 GTS.

Thank you for any help!

Board footer