Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-28 14:54:30

Matias

Suggestions for xfce 4.10

First of all congratulations fot Xfce Design Special Interest Group. An excellent initiative. smile

Test git and really like..

I would like to make a few suggestions of things I'd like to see in the future of xfce.

1) Seeing the changes in exo, libxceui4, etc. It's time to add a new api for a new widget?.
Specifically, I want a new widget to display generic percentage information to port the plugins CPU, mem, swap, network, modem, wavelan, battery, etc., and thus get a homogeneous view of all the plugins.
1')  If it is too late, I would like to suggest a new library like libxfceincubator (Simil libegg or libsexy), where a couple of widgets for use in the future.

2) I would like to see a new feature on tabwin. Add an icon at the end to show the desktop like windows 7.

3) Parallel to the new changes in thunar and appfinder, would be nice to see something similar on places plugin, and get a advanced applications menu for xfce panel like appfinder.

4) I was just reading a few blogs, and found this: http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2011/07/ … nto-compiz , would be very difficult to do something similar with xfwm4?

Thanks to all.
..and Regards

#2 2011-07-28 16:44:12

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Suggestions for xfce 4.10

1) Better bundle all the monitoring plugin in a single plugin (ie extensions).

2) For that kind of animations xfwm4 is not suitable (render backend) and there are other window manager that can do things like that.

3) We'll see how this can be improved in the future.

4) Very un-unix philosophy if you ask me.

#3 2011-07-28 21:58:08

Matias

Re: Suggestions for xfce 4.10

Thanks Nick.

But about 2 perhaps I do not expressed correctly.
I'm not interested on animations (In any case use compiz!-). Just add an icon next to the applications when using the combination alt-tab, and show the desktop when use it.

At first, this feature I found annoying in windows, but it is very useful and much easier than using other combinations key, or add an icon in the panel for this.

The rest, I agree.

Regards.

Board footer