Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-20 12:55:12

AG

Ensuring that LibreOffice opens underneath the panel

Hey

Every time I open up a document, spreadsheet, etc. from LibreOffice, the window opens up underneath the top panel.

I have tried to correct this by using the tools available in the windows manager & tweaks settings, but these do not correct the problem.

Anyone any suggestions on how to fix this, because at present it requires me to open up the panel properties, reduce the size of the panel, grab the top bit of the LibO window and manually reposition it, and then change the dimensions of the panel again. 

In the UNIX spirit, this is an unnecessary amount of work to do something which should be fixable with the WM settings.  So, can any of the assembled great and knowledgeable advise on how to do this by default within Xfce4 please?  It doesn't happen in GNOME nor LXDE, just Xfce4, so it is evidently a Xfce4 issue.

FWIW, this is Debian stable, Xfce4.6

Cheers

#2 2011-08-20 14:51:13

MekkaGodzilla

Re: Ensuring that LibreOffice opens underneath the panel

You should be able to hold alt and then drag your libreoffice window with the mouse.
Not a true solution, but easier to do than messing around with the panel.

#3 2011-08-20 15:10:07

AG

Re: Ensuring that LibreOffice opens underneath the panel

Mekka - thanks.

As you say, not a solution but less hassle, agreed.  However, is there actually a solution so I don't even have to bother with this?  Doesn't Xfce4 have an intelligent way of specifying the parameters of one's desktop real estate?  Considering Xfce has been going for years, surely this kind of thing has been worked out by now?  Or is it a LibO issue?

Board footer