Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-10 20:19:15

dcbdbis

[SOLVED] Need Assistance tweaking two colors

Just installed xfce 4.8 in Arch linux. Coming from LXDE.

I have two colors that I need to tweak, and thus need the field names to add/modify in my gtkrc file.

I'm using the Moomex GTK theme.

The first color is the default window background. It defaults to white, and I need to tone it down. LXDE had a facility to change this color. I don;t see this level of granularity in the xfce settings.

What is the field name for the default active window background within the theme's gtkrc file?

And then the second is the WindowButton background on the task bar. The text is white with a very light shade of gray for the background of the button itself. This makes reading the individual WindowButtons difficult.

What is the field name in the gtkrc file to change this background? Or is there some other setting elsewhere that I'm missing?

Thank you for your help,

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave

Last edited by dcbdbis (2011-10-11 17:18:00)

#2 2011-10-11 17:22:30

dcbdbis

Re: [SOLVED] Need Assistance tweaking two colors

I mean no disrespect to the XFCE project, nor the community. I moved back to LXDE. I burned 6 hours trying to figure out the gtkrc file. I do not have the desire to become a gtkrc aficionado. I simply wanted a way to tweak two colors in a chosen theme, and there apparently isn't a simple mechanism to do so. LXDE has it, so I migrated back so I could move on with my work.

I hope that in the future XFCE will include some mechanism to "tweak" themes in a manner other than manual modification of gtkrc files.

Respectfully,

Dave

Board footer