Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-21 13:18:52

IcyEyeG

Expanded separator plugin

Hi!
Since Ubuntu isn't supporting Gnome 2.x anymore, I'm switching to Xubuntu now on 11.10, as it seems the best alternative for me.
However, I really like the panel applets distribution in Ubuntu's gnome 2.x:

- on top panel app menu+launchers+system applets
- on bottom panel "Show Desktop" applet+windows buttons+workspace switcher+trash icon

I tried to replicate this distribution in Xfce, but when I move the windows buttons plugin to the bottom panel, the other plugins align all to the left.
Therefore I'd like to know if there's a solution for this that I missed, but I think that the way to solve this is to create an "expanded separator" plugin. I put the description on the plugins wish list on the wiki:

* Expanded separator plugin - a plugin that forces surrounding plugins to stay on the edge of panels. Window buttons plugin does this already, but this one would have only this function. This way it would be possible to move the window buttons plugin to another panel without causing all remaining plugins to align to the left.

I know this may seem a small detail, but I think it may be a step forward to attract new users to xfce (well I know I am one of them from now on smile).

#2 2011-10-22 18:51:50

SPC-UK

Re: Expanded separator plugin

If you add a separator applet to the panel, right click on it, go to properties. there should then be an option to expand.
Think that's what you're after

#3 2011-10-23 14:02:07

IcyEyeG

Re: Expanded separator plugin

SPC-UK wrote:

If you add a separator applet to the panel, right click on it, go to properties. there should then be an option to expand.
Think that's what you're after

You are absolutely right! smile I'm going to revert the edit on the wiki. Thank you so much, I don't know how I missed something so simple...

Board footer