Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-20 18:42:52

Mellowbob

Turn off session manager?

I notice that my session is always saved when I log out of xfce4. I've used the setting manager and the option 'save session on logout' is NOT checked. However, each time I log out the session is saved.

Is there another option to disable the feature?

#2 2011-10-21 15:25:16

stqn

Re: Turn off session manager?

Are you sure that the session is saved each time, or is it just restoring a session that was saved some time ago?
You could close all programs before quitting with "Save session" once in order to get an empty session, or delete the sessions in whichever directory they are saved to... (maybe ~/.cache/sessions/, I'm not sure.)

#3 2011-10-23 16:43:03

Mellowbob

I think I'm figuring this out .... slowly smile

The option settings -> settings manager -> session & Startup -> general -> Automatically save session

does work. However, if use the "action buttons" panel applet there is a "save session" checkbox on that as well. What I had not noticed is that the setting in "session & startup" doesn't effect the applet settings. So, each time you log out you need to uncheck the applet option.

I don't see an option to have the logout applet come up with the "save session" NOT checked. I'm guessing there is a way to do this??

#4 2011-10-23 22:18:54

peterguirguis

Mellowbob wrote:

The option settings -> settings manager -> session & Startup -> general -> Automatically save session

does work. However, if use the "action buttons" panel applet there is a "save session" checkbox on that as well. What I had not noticed is that the setting in "session & startup" doesn't effect the applet settings. So, each time you log out you need to uncheck the applet option.

I don't see an option to have the logout applet come up with the "save session" NOT checked. I'm guessing there is a way to do this??

Thanks for figuring this out smile

I'm on Arch and I've cleared this checkbox once, now the logout dialog appears with this option unchecked.

#5 2011-10-23 23:23:42

Mellowbob

A bit more fiddling ... I think the key is to:

1. Uncheck the "save session" in both the settings and in the log out dialog.

2. logout.

3. Remove the saved sessions in .cache/sessions

Now, it appears I'm session free smile

Board footer