Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-30 20:56:32

phil2810

[Solved] Another convert.... with one little question.

I left Bill Gates three years ago for Ubuntu....  But Unity didn't play well with my workhorse laptop H/W and tried Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Mint and finally stopped looking when I put Xubuntu.  I think I may blow Gnome off my HTPC in favor XFCE.

It was easy to move the bottom "launcher" panel 2 to the left (Unity-like I guess, but works for me).  I'd like to drop the top panel 1 exactly AS-IS to the bottom (XP-ish), mostly bcs I'm used to all of my open apps residing there and my muscle memory defaults there when i want to switch.

I saw some blogs that showed XFCE 4.6.? settings manager panel options had a choice for Fixed Position / Freely Moveable and there appeared to be the ability to pick where on the perimeter of the display you wanted the panel to live.  I don't see the options for that in 4.8.6 so I'm guessing it was removed (??)

Is there an easier way to drag or position the panels how I'd like other than completely rebuilding panels 1 & 2 to swap settings?

AWESOME JOB - I was loading Xubuntu on my wife's 7 year old laptop while surfing around for this and it runs GREAT.... I still had 10.04 on it and the new kernel with XFCE makes in run better than it did new with XP....

Phil

#2 2011-10-30 20:59:32

phil2810

Re: [Solved] Another convert.... with one little question.

SOLVED....  I didn't notice the panel move area just left of the Xubuntu Mouse icon in panel 1.  Super simple....  I should have put my glasses on earlier...

Board footer