Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-03 22:24:35

Who'sThere?

Will 7zip+Wxgtk get integrated plugin option...?

Hi all.

My question concerns the relatively recent addition to the Linux 7zip packages frontend GUI. Now that I know have the ability (for the most part) to use what is the best archive program for Windows similarly in Linux, is there a chance there could be Xfce/Thunar integration via a plugin?

To be honest over the last couple years of myself migrating to Linux, the most missed feature was a decent archive manager of the 7zFM variety.

'Extract files', 'extract here', 'add to archive', drag-and-drop of files or folders contained within without needing to (un)check the preserve directory tree each time, are all options that have been missed.

#2 2011-11-04 08:18:53

wkr

Re: Will 7zip+Wxgtk get integrated plugin option...?

If you know appropriate 7z commands, you can add what you want in thunar via "custom actions".

#3 2011-11-07 13:30:48

Who'sThere?

Re: Will 7zip+Wxgtk get integrated plugin option...?

wkr wrote:

If you know appropriate 7z commands, you can add what you want in thunar via "custom actions".

This would work for extracting with full recursive paths, or just to extract everything into the same 'here' folder. That's about it. Considering that Xarchiver couldn't even open 7zip archives in the GUI, I was already using a custom CLI for *.7z only.

But all said and done, that sort of defeats the purpose of using a GUI, especially with the drag and drop features of the Windows 7zip FM. That and the Windows "extract files", and "add to archive", options available from the right click context menu. Like I said, for some reason I've never liked any of the Linux archive managers.

Last edited by Who'sThere? (2011-11-07 13:33:38)

Board footer