Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-11-07 08:18:25

xendistar

KVM problem

I have a small KVM switch which I use to switch between my Windows and Debian (testing with XFCE desktop) PC's. When I ran Mepis 8 and Mint Debian edition I used to be able to double tap the num lock key and the kvm would switch to my windows box. But since switching my PC to Debian testing and XFCE if I double tap the numlock key nothing happens, the tapping is still registered by the keyboard as indicated by the keyboard light going on and off. Double tapping the num lock while in windows will switch the kvm over to the Debian box.

This has worked out of the box since I have had the KVM, I did not have to install or configure anything it just worked.

Can anybody suggest what the problem is and how to resolve please.

Tim

#2 2011-11-10 17:38:55

xendistar

Re: KVM problem

Further to my first post I have spoken to the KVM manufacturer and they have suggested that the quote

"problem may be with the USB keyboard emulation’s translation table(OS issue). The results in the guest OS are not being able to receive these keys at all when the USB keyboard emulation is being used. From what I know there is a patch which could solve this issue"

I don't know where to look for this anybody got any clues??

Tim

#3 2012-01-01 13:38:46

xendistar

Re: KVM problem

Pushing this back to the top of the list as I still need to fix it, anybody any thoughts on what I can do to resolve it?

Board footer