Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-10 17:25:29

hcaulfield57

[Solved] What Happened to Xfce menu settings?

Not sure why this happened. I'm running Debian Wheezy and Xfce 4.8. The other day I installed xfce on an installation that had already had gnome installed. In xfce I right clicked on the applications menu in the panel and went to settings (or preferences) for the applications menu. There was an option next to the customize menu that allowed me to change some things on the menu layout and hide certain applications from the menu. Decided I wanted to change some things on the install, reinstalled this time only with xfce. Can't find the customize settings on the xfce applications menu anymore. Where did it go? Was it being supplied by some gnome dependency? It was a nice gui menu, would like to find it again.

#2 2012-01-11 01:20:55

Sideburns
Website

Re: [Solved] What Happened to Xfce menu settings?

The program is alacarte, a nice, DE-agnostic menu editor.  Alas, the Fedora version has a bug in it that's rendered it useless until patched, and the Bugzilla for it has over 140 reports, most of them nothing more than, "I tried to run it for the first time and it crashed."  What I liked about it, and would like to have again is the ability to modify the menu and not have to log out and back in for the changes to take effect.

Registered Linux user #470359
Permanently recovered BOFH
Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#3 2012-01-11 02:05:15

hcaulfield57

Re: [Solved] What Happened to Xfce menu settings?

EDIT: Just realized that I could avoid all the GNOME dependencies. Problem solved smile

Last edited by hcaulfield57 (2012-01-11 02:50:06)

Board footer