Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-07 16:41:56

kholis

Shortcut to jump to xfce-panel

Is there any way (keyboard shortcut) to access an application icon or indicator icon on xfce panel in case I don't have mouse (disabled).
FluxBB bbcode test

Thanks

#2 2012-01-07 19:57:16

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Shortcut to jump to xfce-panel

Not yet, is on the todo list.

#3 2012-01-16 05:57:10

daggoth

Re: Shortcut to jump to xfce-panel

If you don't move or shift your panel, then it might still be possible to do this with the xdotool package, which simulates X11 keyboard/mouse input.

I have put some xdotool commands in a script, that simulate moving the mouse-cursor to position 975,75, and then left-clicking the mouse. Which all amounts to (on my desktop) a left-click on the "Show Tab List" icon on my Firefox.

xdotool mousemove 975 75 
xdotool click 1

So, I'm not sure if the xdotool commands do or don't work for on your desktop, given that you have somehow disabled the mouse. But if they do work, then you can put some xdotool commands (that simulate a right-click some icon on your panel) in a small script, and make it executable. Then goto Settings-->Keyboard-->Application_Shortcuts, and configure a hotkey to run that xdotool script.

But I'm not an xdotool expert though - I just use it for very basic stuff. So I hope that works for you.

Board footer