Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-19 15:23:29

naphelge

xfce terminal scrollback

hey gang,

I use a xfce4 desktop mutilated with many gnome apps. However, I do enjoy the speed and simplicity of xfce's terminal over gnome terminal's more clunky offering, but I am wonder why the scrollback buffer seems on the puny size? I can't seem to get it beyond its apparent 1000 line scrollback max, which for me is a problem as I often come back after a prog has been running to scrollback only to find my problem has scrolled itswlf away. In gnome terminal I can enter a box full of 999999999999999's and I think it can even be set to unlimited, or maybe that was another terminal, not sure, but whatever, 1000 seems a little too pruned. Is it just me, cause I am notorious for overlooking and glossing things too quickly, but I have checked and re-checked this everytime I go to scroll back and find I can no longer find what I need.

cheers,
nap

#2 2012-03-19 17:33:40

Jristz

Re: xfce terminal scrollback

in terminal -> edit -> preferences ->bottom of the first secction, you e a number
change this to a VERY hight value, not maque a infinite, but make more records

PD: Personaly i prefer if te xfterminal may have an option to make unlimited this....any thiket or feature planing?

XFCE :: Arch Linux
:: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics @ 1300 MHz
:: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Wrestler [Radeon HD 6310]
:: LED with aspect ration of 16:9 in 14.0'' (1366x768) [Radeon driver]

Board footer