Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-22 16:32:22

rusty
Website

gtk3 theming in Xubuntu

Other than Greybird, I am yet to find a theme that looks right on Marlin and Synaptic.  Some look ok on one or the other, but never both.  Does anyone know of any other themes that out of the box will not make my desktop look like I'm running Sawfish?  Bluebird is pretty close, and man I wish Blackbird worked as well as Greybird, if that's ever finished it will be my theme of choice.

#2 2012-03-23 16:25:16

rusty
Website

Re: gtk3 theming in Xubuntu

The Bluebird and Albatross themes have been updated with some Gtk3 support on the Shimmer Project's GIT page.

https://github.com/shimmerproject/

While not at complete as Greybird currently is, they more than get the job done.

#3 2012-03-29 08:29:38

kawazu

Folks,
adding myself here, as I found the GTK2/GTK3 theming issue same as annoying as the situation years ago (when some apps already switched to GTK2 while others still remained at GTK1). So to ask:

- Any themes worth recommending that work well and look the same with both GTK2 and GTK3 applications?
- Is there an estimated timeframe on when XFCE might be moving towards GTK3?

It's not really a functional issue, it's just, well, about inconvenience seeing that choosing a visually appealing _and_ working theme is a bit annoying at the moment. smile

Thanks in advance,
Kristian

#4 2012-03-29 13:42:22

lifeinthegrey

I have a small but growing GTK2/GTK3 theme catalog available here. The GTK3 themes are based off of high contrast, so they don't match the look of the GTK2 themes exactly, but they color-match well and still look quite nice. When I get some more free time, I'm going to try to convert the GTK3 components to being based on something more conventional, like Adwaita. As long as I find the time, it shouldn't be too hard, because GTK3 is basically just CSS. But maybe those will be of interest.

oh, you want eXtremely Fast Computing? thats Easy ...

Board footer