Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-03 16:43:12

metal-maniac

[Solved] firefox starts automatically at boot

Hello,

I'm new here. I have a problem with my xubuntu-installation (11.10). After a kernel-update (3.0.0-17) firefox starts every time when I boot up my system and log in. I don't know why. There is nothing at settings -> start behaviour (sorry, I don't know how it is called correctly in englisch because I using the german version). There is also no firefox entry at ~/.config/autostart. I also reinstalled firefox completely but it didn't solve the problem. Do you have any ideas what I can do now?

Greetings

Last edited by metal-maniac (2012-04-04 10:35:03)

#2 2012-04-03 18:05:51

angstrom

Re: [Solved] firefox starts automatically at boot

Clear ~/.cache/session
Close Firefox, then open logout dialog. Check save session for future login session. Then logout.
When you login, normally, there won't be any firefox.

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#3 2012-04-03 18:20:54

lifeinthegrey

angstrom wrote:

Clear ~/.cache/session
Close Firefox, then open logout dialog. Check save session for future login session. Then logout.

It should be mentioned that, unless you want any program starting automatically, you should close ALL programs. Additionally, if you want to maintain that same "no programs starting automatically", on future logout/reboot sessions make sure to UNcheck the save session for future login (once it is confirmed you are booting the way you want).

oh, you want eXtremely Fast Computing? thats Easy ...

#4 2012-04-04 10:39:18

metal-maniac

lifeinthegrey wrote:
angstrom wrote:

Clear ~/.cache/session

It should be mentioned that, unless you want any program starting automatically, you should close ALL programs. Additionally, if you want to maintain that same "no programs starting automatically", on future logout/reboot sessions make sure to UNcheck the save session for future login (once it is confirmed you are booting the way you want).

Thanks a lot, clearing the session-folder solved the problem. I know the "save session for future login"-checkbox but I definiteley closed a all programs before I logged out.

Board footer