Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-19 09:01:41

boucher06

[Solved] Eliminate workspace pager "loop" for MMB switching with touchpad.

PROBLEM---

I've desperately been searching for a way to alter the behaviour of the "Pager" function using the mouse wheel scroll.

Thus far everything has worked very well, I like having the option to switch workspaces using the "scroll up/down" function on my touchpad.

Now... I only have 2 workspaces, and if I scroll what would be the equivalent of "1 click" on a physical mouse wheel, its fine, I end up on the alternate workspace. However! and here lies the rub, if I scroll what would be the equivalent of "2 clicks" of a physical mouse, I actually end up back on the same workspace, guuuh.

The problem arises because I am indeed using my touchpad and not an actual mouse (in which case measuring "clicks" is easy enough), so it is very difficult to switch to the intended workspace as there is no easy way to measure how far I need to drag my fingers to reach the equivalent of "1 click". Indeed, sometimes I overshoot, and I actually cycle through my workspaces (the described "loop") multiple times by accident, often landing on the incorrect one.

QUESTION----

I was wondering if there is some sort of config file that holds the information on the behaviour for the mouse wheel pager scroll. If so, would it be possible to simply have scrolling up switch to my Workspace 1 (or the top workspace) and scrolling down switch to my Workspace 2 (or bottom workspace)?

It would however be necessary to eliminate any function that allowed me to "cycle back up" by scrolling 'further' down from the Workspace 2 (or bottom workspace); this is the "loop" I wish to eliminate.

Please help!!

Running XFCE 4.8 on Arch Linux

#2 2012-04-19 10:40:49

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Eliminate workspace pager "loop" for MMB switching with touchpad.

If I understand correctly, does unselecting the "Window Manager Tweaks -> Workspaces -> Wrap workspaces when the first or last workspace is reached" option give you this functionality?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2012-04-19 10:53:08

boucher06

Re: [Solved] Eliminate workspace pager "loop" for MMB switching with touchpad.

ToZ wrote:

If I understand correctly, does unselecting the "Window Manager Tweaks -> Workspaces -> Wrap workspaces when the first or last workspace is reached" option give you this functionality?

That worked perfectly! Thank you very much.

Board footer