Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-23 14:15:51

offthebus

[Solved] XFCE 4.8 xubuntu: Apps do not appear on the panel/taskbar

Hello everyone. I installed ubuntu 11.10 then installed xubuntu-desktop from synaptic. I logged out and started an xubuntu session. Without thinking too much I meddled with the panel. I deleted the bottom panel - because I didn't like it -and mucked about with the various plugins and their settings on the top panel. And now .... no icons appear on the panel bar when I launch apps (they may never have done -- I dived straight into the fiddling without taking any notice).

I do have the notification and indicator areas installed on the panel - but all I see there are the network, mail, and audio applets. If an app is not minimized, I do see its icon in the workspace switcher.

Anyone know how I can fix this? (tried uninstalling/reinstalling xubuntu but that had no effect)

#2 2012-04-23 14:26:20

angstrom

Re: [Solved] XFCE 4.8 xubuntu: Apps do not appear on the panel/taskbar

Xfce configurations are stored in ~/.config/xfce4 Take a look inside.
If you want to reset to your distribution default configuration, remove/rename the corresponding file/folder.

Xfce is NOT Xubuntu. Bugs in Xubuntu don't mean that Xfce is buggy ...

#3 2012-04-23 15:08:20

ToZ
Administrator

Sounds like you deleted the "Window Buttons" plugin. Right-click on the panel and choose Panel->Add New Items, and re-add it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2012-04-23 17:27:30

offthebus

ToZ wrote:

Sounds like you deleted the "Window Buttons" plugin. Right-click on the panel and choose Panel->Add New Items, and re-add it.

thanks! that was it smile

Board footer