Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-04 16:44:46

boucher06

How to remove panel on one of two workspaces.

Running Xfce on Arch.

I run linux on my netbook, which doesn't have all that big of a screen, so much so that non re-sizable dialog boxes are often cut off and I can't click 'OK' or 'APPLY', etc.

My aim was to remove the Xfce panels off one of my workspaces in order to have more space to maneovre. HOWEVER, now that I've removed the panel one one workspace, it disappears one the other.

How can I achieve this effect, while still having a desktop with icons and panels to run things?

Cheers

#2 2012-05-05 09:02:06

blacke4dawn

Re: How to remove panel on one of two workspaces.

No idea if it's even possible to do what you're asking for but I may present an alternative.

Not sure where it comes from but I have always been able to move around windows by holding down alt while clicking and holding left mouse button, and it doesn't appear to matter where on the window you click and hold. And one can use alt+right mouse button for resizing windows.

#3 2012-05-05 15:40:39

M_Mynaardt

Re: How to remove panel on one of two workspaces.

I think the panels are the same no matter what workspace you had.

If I have extra panels like that, I set them on auto hide, so there out of sight until I move the cursor to the appropriate place to bring up the hidden panel.

I would do that for a set of short-cut launchers.  A Spartan form of a launching dock, basically...

~*~  M_Mynaardt  ~*~

Xfce is a computer's friend
Always trust an OS using Xfce

Board footer