Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-05 07:56:20

zb3

Thunar mounts

Hello!

I've implemented displaying mounts that have no volume (FTP mounts etc) to Thunar in my Xfce 4.8

And my question is: has it been implemented in Xfce 4.10 or I need to write it again?
This is very useful feature, but only nautilus has it, I don't like nautilus though

#2 2012-05-05 15:38:16

M_Mynaardt

Re: Thunar mounts

zb3 wrote:

Hello!

I've implemented displaying mounts that have no volume (FTP mounts etc) to Thunar in my Xfce 4.8

And my question is: has it been implemented in Xfce 4.10 or I need to write it again?
This is very useful feature, but only nautilus has it, I don't like nautilus though

How do you implement mounts like that?

That sounds like the sort of thing I need for my back up internal hard drive and the floppy drive in my (ageing) PC...

~*~  M_Mynaardt  ~*~

Xfce is a computer's friend
Always trust an OS using Xfce

#3 2012-05-05 15:51:05

zb3

I modified thunar-shortcuts-view.c and 1 other c file I don't remember + headers for these files.
(Listing FTP mounts + right click "disconnect")

This is sometimes unstable though, this is why I am looking for some more experienced programmer to implement this.

#4 2012-05-05 17:30:40

M_Mynaardt

zb3 wrote:

I modified thunar-shortcuts-view.c and 1 other c file I don't remember + headers for these files.
(Listing FTP mounts + right click "disconnect")

This is sometimes unstable though, this is why I am looking for some more experienced programmer to implement this.

I don't want to touch that, then!

I'm not too good with programming and such.

I thought there was some sort of cool settings there, not changing the app itself.

~*~  M_Mynaardt  ~*~

Xfce is a computer's friend
Always trust an OS using Xfce

Board footer