Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-08 13:58:13

vjun

Pidgin focus

Hi,

I am having some issues using Pidgin on XFCE.
When a new conversation is started by receiving a message, it automatically steals the focus, instead of starting minimized. I can't find any option on Pidgin to change this, nor XFCE.

Does anybody knows a workaround for starting new conversations as minimized windows, instead of stealing focus?

I am using Arch Linux.

Thanks,
V.

#2 2012-05-08 16:57:06

dtd

Re: Pidgin focus

I am using FreeBSD, but I do not think the O/S matters.

Add a workspace if you do not have multiple workspaces. I have pidgin set to add new conversations to the current conversation window. If the pidgin window is not new or is in another workspace, you will only get the sound (if you have that set) but in any case you get the smilie on the systray icon. clicking on that bring the window to the current workspace.

I use focus follows mouse. for me a new window pops up and takes focus, but I end up with no window having focus. I never noticed this before answering your question because I just leaving the window open because I like having fewer logs when I want to search for stuff.

#3 2012-05-08 18:26:09

Ahau

You could also try going to settings-> window manager tweaks and enable "focus stealing prevention"

#4 2012-05-08 21:13:56

dtd

Very cool - thanks

Board footer