Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-10 00:53:40

JoeRess

Want to start an Xfce users podcast

Hello everyone. As you can see I am new here. I hope this is the right place to ask this...

Anyway I want to start a podcast with one or two like-minded people and this is my idea:

A relatively short weekly show (perhaps around 30 mins) about free software, Linux, phones/gadgets, Web culture, general geeky topics etc. all from the perspective of Xfce users.

I would expect it to be a mixture of news and features (such as in depth reviews) and have a generally light hearted feel.

A little bit about me:
I am male, late 20s from London in the UK. Been using Ubuntu, Xubuntu and Debian full-time for about 5 years now. I only use Windows to make music these days - only because I am familiar with Pro Tools and don't feel inclined to learn a free software equivalent. I tick most of the geeky boxes except for gaming. I very rarely play games these days and don't own a console. I occasionally play things like Angry Birds when I am bored but that's about it.

Ideally the person (or people) I will do the show with will have enough knowledge and equipment to make reasonable quality recordings while talking over Skype (or similar voip). I am capable of doing the editing and production if necessary.

I want it to be a team effort so the format and structure of the show will obviously depend on who ends up doing it with me and the ideas that they bring to it.

If anyone is interested please either reply to this thread, send me a pm or email me xfcepodcast at gmail

Board footer