Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-16 03:44:18

la_elec_eng

Just a couple of term questions

Hey Guys,

I have just installed ubuntu 11.10 and xfce4 on a BeagleBoard-xM.  I am having some trobble configuring the terminal could someone please help with the following two questions. 

1.  What is the run command for the terminal I have tried the following with no avail term, terminal, xfce-term, xfce4-term, xfce-terminal, xfce4-termainal

2.  I wanted to copy some of the text from the terminal and right clicking the terminal only selects a portinon of the terminal.  How do I change the operation of right click in the terminal emulator. 

Any and all help with these issues would be greatly appriciated.  Thanks

#2 2012-06-16 05:21:05

gnome_refugee

Re: Just a couple of term questions

la_elec_eng wrote:

1.  What is the run command for the terminal I have tried the following with no avail term, terminal, xfce-term, xfce4-term, xfce-terminal, xfce4-termainal

Is that last one a mis-typing? The run command xfce4-terminal should bring it up.

la_elec_eng wrote:

2.  I wanted to copy some of the text from the terminal and right clicking the terminal only selects a portinon of the terminal.  How do I change the operation of right click in the terminal emulator.

If you highlight some text in the terminal with the mouse, you have (at least) 3 ways to copy/paste:

1. Go to the place you want to paste and middle-click. Highlighting the text loads it in the primary clipboard, and middle-clicking pastes it.
2. Right click the highlighted text and choose Copy, then go elsewhere and either middle-click, or right-click and choose Paste.
3. Copy with Shift-Ctrl-C, paste with Shift-Ctrl-V

la_elec_eng wrote:

Hey Guys

Believe it or not, there are women on the Xfce forum. smile

#3 2012-06-16 11:57:57

Clio

Yes, that's correct...:-)

#4 2012-06-16 23:35:49

la_elec_eng

-  Cheers for the copy paste thing worked a dream. 

-  Unfortunately NO the xfce4-terminal is NOT a typo it is NOT bringing up the terminal.  However I did just recently figure it out I did not have xfce4-terminal installed I was using xterm. 

Thanks for all the help guys.

Board footer