Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-22 22:03:30

phibxr

Returning from GDM after user switching gives a black screen.

When I use "Switch user" option to log out, and then tries to return to my session, I'm greeted by a black screen. There is no screen saver involved, and I can't switch to any TTY:s.

The one thing that I *can* do is to kill the X-server and then relogin, but that kind of kills off the point with fast user switching too.

This is happening on a freshly installed Ubuntu 7.04 system, so it might be that someone screwed something up over at the Ubuntu team, but I'd appreciate any tips or help whatsoever since I used to use this functionality quite often as this is a shared computer. hmm

#2 2007-04-23 09:04:51

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Returning from GDM after user switching gives a black screen.

Probably a Xubuntu / GDM problem, since Xfce has nothing to do with the desktop manager. Does switching to a TTY work before you switch from user (login, Ctrl+Alt+1, Ctrl+Alt+7, working Xfce)?

#3 2012-07-05 10:22:44

xaccrocheur

Re: Returning from GDM after user switching gives a black screen.

I'm sorry, what "Switch user" option?
To this day, the only thing missing from xfce for me is the ability to start another X session (I'm using XDM) and I'm really wondering what "option" you are talking about : Is that a button in the "log out" dialog that says "Switch user"? A menu entry? A shell command?

Board footer